CyberLink Gov, AFFIRM, and the US Cyber Challenge is hosting a cybersecurity networking event in Arlington, Va. on March 21, 2019. The purpose of this meeting is bridging the gap between the federal government and cybersecurity talent.
U.S. Cyber Challenge:
The mission of U.S. Cyber Challenge (USCC) is to identify and train the nation’s rising talent in cybersecurity and reduce the workforce gap nationwide. Through the administration of competitions and in-person bootcamp programming, USCC validates skill sets of individuals and helps them down the path of a successful career in cybersecurity. USCC also manages CyberCompEx.org (CCX), a social networking site designed to bring together both experienced professionals and novices as they endeavor to increase their knowledge in the field. CCX also provides a career portal where job seekers and recruiters can connect to fill open positions. Visit www.USCyberChallenge.org to learn more about competitions and camp programming.
Keynote speakers for the meetings are:
- Glenn Hernandez, National Director, USCC
- Ira Hobbs, Principal, Hobbs & Hobbs LLC
- Margaret Weichert, Dep Dir for Mgmt, OMB (Invited)
- Sonny Bhagowalia, CIO, CBP
- Kenneth Carnes, NY Power Authority
- Jason Carrier, Cyber Discovery and Counter Infiltrn
- Jamie Crotts, Dir, Cyber Policy, U.S. House of Reps (Invited)
- Karen S. Evans, Ass Sec, Office of Cyber, Energy, Emerg Response, Dept of Energy (Pending agency approval)
- Gary Washington, CIO, USDA
- Howard Whyte, CIO, FDIC.
- David Chow, CIO, HUD
- Bob DeLuca, GSA
- Chris Dorobek, Founder, GovLoop's DorobekINSIDER
- Jason Gray CIO, Dept of Educ
- Sanjay Gupta, CTO, SBA
- Tinna Rodrique, CiSO, CFPB (Under agency review)
- Ken Rogers, CIO, Dept of State
- Paul M. Nakasone, Commander, US Cyber Command & Dir, NSA, US Cyber Command
Government Employees will get into the event for free.
To register for the event, click here.