The DC Office of Planning launched their new Data Center Visualization Portal. The online data portal is a compiled set of info-graphs on the different demographic throughout the DC area.
"The data provided by the dashboards cover a variety of District-wide and ward indicators ranging from population size to poverty rates, and can be broken down by year, age, race, or gender. As the project grows, we hope these dashboards will help users get the analysis they need to support strategic planning, policymaking, and business development."
There are two major topics to chose from:
- District Annual Indicators
- Up-to-date population trends based on age, gender, race and ethnicity
- Social, economic, and housing statistics
Above is a graph that depicts the Population Total from their Annual Population Trends data portal.
- Ward 5-year Indicators
- Demographic statistics
- Socio-Economic covering household income, unemployment, and poverty
- Income medians per capita
- Poverty indicators and rates
The Office of Planning hopes their new portal "will help citizens, government agencies, and community leaders get the analysis they need to support strategic planning, policymaking, and business development across the District."