Dunlap Bennett & Ludwig is a veteran-owned law firm with local presence and global knowledge that boasts over 75 attorneys who are licensed to practice in over 40 states and multiple countries outside of the United States. Our team prides itself on prioritizing and caring for our clients, not only offering a full array of business and estate legal services, but – more importantly – by establishing and investing in long-term relationships with the individuals and businesses we represent. We are not just your lawyers – our depth of experience includes lawyers who are also business owners, patent-holders, military veterans, commercial pilots, prosecutors, aerospace engineers, MBAs, and scholars. We understand our clients on a much deeper level, using our unique backgrounds to act as straight-talking advisers and zealous advocates on your behalf. OUR EXPERIENCE OUR MISSION THE SCOOP At the heart of what we do is serving people and the businesses they have built, through trusted advice and fearless advocacy
Cherylyn Harley LeBon
Cherylyn Harley LeBon’s practice areas cover corporate, government contracting, and nonprofit organizations. Her clients benefit from Cherylyn’s 20+ years of experience in Washington, D.C., and abroad, including time as a high-ranking official at the Small Business Administration (SBA), the Department of Veterans Affairs, and as Senior Counsel on the U.S. Senate Judiciary Committee.
Cherylyn is a problem solver who helps her clients develop creative and workable solutions to a broad range of matters. She regularly counsels companies on entity formation and structure, risk management, due diligence matters, and corporate governance.
Cherylyn draws on her SBA experience to counsel clients on a broad range of government contracting matters and federal issues, including regulatory compliance with the agency’s small business programs. She helps small and mid-sized companies structure joint venture, teaming, and mentor-protégé agreements, and navigate the small business federal procurement programs in many federal agencies.
SBA Experience Highlights:
• Deputy in Field Operations — oversaw half of the agency, including 50 District Offices, 8(a), Disaster, and Compliance
• Deputy Chief of Staff for the agency
• Assistant Administrator for Intergovernmental Affairs — worked with the White House, Governors, and local and state officials to coordinate disaster relief, economic development, and financial assistance
• Experience guiding clients through the requirements of the SBA’s and Treasury’s CARES Act and the Paycheck Protection Program Flexibility Act
Earlier in her career, Cherylyn spent several years working overseas as a finance and telecommunications advisor to the German Bundestag (Congress) and as an international transaction specialist with the Mannesmann Corporation in Dusseldorf, where she structured and negotiated financial transactions in Eastern Europe and Asia. Cherylyn is fluent in German and Spanish.
Before joining DBL as a partner, Cherylyn served as the President and CEO of KLAR Strategies, a woman-owned business providing strategic counsel and business strategies to small businesses, start-ups, executives, and corporations.
Cherylyn also serves on several nonprofit boards and is an advocate for entrepreneurship, education, and wellness issues. Her perspective on public policy, business, and legal issues have been featured by national publications, as well as opinion columns across the country. She regularly appears on nationally broadcast television and radio stations. Cherylyn’s experience with nonprofits also includes serving as the Chief Legal Officer of an NGO.
• Tammy Calabrese’s practice focuses on family law issues, including custody, visitation, division of marital property, spousal and child support, separation agreements, premarital and postnuptial agreements, qualified domestic relations orders, and protective orders. She is currently licensed in Virginia.
• Tammy Calabrese’s practice focuses on estate and gift tax planning, business succession planning, estate administration, fiduciary litigation matters, and family law. She is currently licensed in Virginia.
• Tammy received a B.S. in Accounting from West Virginia University, a J.D. in Law from the University of Pittsburgh School of Law, and an M.L.T. from the Marshall-Wythe School of Law at the College of William and Mary.
• Prior to joining the team at Dunlap, Bennett & Ludwig, Tammy served as Counsel in the Private Wealth Services group at McGuireWoods L.L.P. in its Tysons Corner office.
• Tammy grew up in Leesburg, Virginia, where she attended Loudoun County Highschool. She is a mother to three wonderful teenage girls. In her free time, Tammy enjoys spending time with her daughters, working out, cooking, and traveling to warm destinations.